Aviation Medical Examiners
Jerry Shockey, MD
Dr. Jerry Shockey is a Senior Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) and can perform Airman class 1, 2, and 3 examinations and certifications. He is Board Certified in Family Medicine and has been practicing medicine in Mesa since 1991.
David Shockey, MD
Dr. David Shockey is an Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) and can perform Airman Class 2 and 3 examinations and certifications. He is Board Eligible in Emergency Medicine and is currently working toward his private pilot license.
Flight Physical pricing is often hard to find for a reason. Because we have the most affordable pricing in the East Valley, we are proudly transparent with our prices.
(Includes free EKG if required)
Class 2 & 3
Schedule An Appointment
To schedule a flight physical, please call our office at 480-649-9000. For all other AME questions or difficulty scheduling, message Dr. David Shockey on Instagram @david.i.shockey.
Please be sure to bring the following to your appointment.
- FAA Airman 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Class Certification Exams
Go to https://medxpress.faa.gov/ and complete the 8500 form before your visit. You must bring your Med-X-Press confirmation number with you to the appointment.
- Government issued photo identification
- Please wear your glasses or contact lenses for the exam.
- If you have a SODA or Special Issuance, please bring a copy to your appointment.
- Most recent medical record progress note from treating physician for any medical conditions
- List of all medications and their dosage/strength
With our online patient portal, you can connect with your doctor through a convenient, safe and secure environment.
Online Bill Pay
Paying your healthcare bills is easier than ever with InstaMed.